Friday, August 26, 2011

Probably the most expensive low-budget music video of all time...



While this probably was the most expensive low budget video of all time, it was so much more. The first time I heard Otis By Kanye and Jay-z, I loved it, it felt like the were taking it back to their Heart of the city days. For those that don't know, Heart of the city was on Jay -Zs blueprint album and was Kanye's first platinum produced record. BUt anywho, i was watching the video with one of my friends and when it was over she was just like "That was terrible, extremely low budget, i expected so much more from them and especially for this song".. At that point, the only argument I could make was "That was a 350k car that they just destroyed... so this has to be the most expensive low budget video of all time".. But after watching it again, and getting a chance to sit back and actually think about what i was watching and the msessages that they were sending in the song, in the video, and throughout the whole album.. all I can say is... WHOA..
I was going to explain what i thought jay and Kanye were saying in this song, but i think im going to save that for a later post, and include it when I explain what "Watch the Throne" really means. Stay Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment