Saturday, March 28, 2009

New energy in hip hop!


This weekend proved to be pretty swell for me musically. First, there was the unanticipated Goo Goo Dolls concert at the rodeo, which turned out to be pretty cool.., then I found Charles Hamilton’s "Well Isn’t This Awkward" mixtape, as well as Blu’s Her Favorite Colo(u)r mixtape. I also threw Theophilus London’s This Charming Mixtape into rotation and had a nice little solo party. Hanging with the guys, I got reacquainted with The Cool Kids…I really enjoy them.

What does this have to do with anything? It’s good music. From artists that aren’t mainstream yet. Their creativity is in tact. Their movement is strong. And they’re all young and making their name in an oversaturated market. I’m inspired to move forward with my movement. Passion=purpose, yeah? I’m about to find a way to travel the world. It also made me happy because hip hop, for me, was kind of dead for a while. I like this new energy.







No comments:

Post a Comment