Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hmmm....


via www.Harrysworld.com.au

Today I met a lady who told me that I was wasting my time with social media. She said that it was a waste of time and that “we (society) don’t need it, especially twitter”

I took a few deep breaths and listened to her opinions then tried to explain that it is a very powerful tool that should be embraced and used in a positive way. She continued to tell me “we don’t need it!” and expressed her hatred of twitter and other forms of social media.

I again took a few deep breaths to try to think of something prudent to say then out of nowhere a cool analogy came to me. I said in a very respectful way;

“It’s true we don’t ‘need’ social media just like how you don’t ‘need’ to wear make up. And depending on how you apply it, it can be either positive or negative.”

I certainly did not come across as rude, but it did make her stop and think about the analogy.





No comments:

Post a Comment