Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Journey to success Pt. 2


This is certainly a post that can give no definitive direction. I think i really wrote it to raise more questions than it answers. But I must admit a certain leaning of opinion on the matter.

As much as I like the concept of sitting at the lake with someone, gazing off into the sunset, I could never be this way. I love to enjoy those moments, but I find that they are only sweet when contrasted against the spice of the pursuit. When youre still chasing. When there is a chance that you will lose it all.

I believe the problem with many failed pursuits and shattered dreams is more about the tactics than the destination. You can have two individuals with the same starting point and finish line and yet watch one live a life of joy and excitement, while the other wallows in their constant frustration. I’m not saying the one succeeded and the other did not, but that one properly pursued their passion while the other poisoned their life with it. This is the difference between success no matter what and failure is not an option. The first perspective knows that their success comes from their willingness to try, while the latter is enslaved by the fear of the end result. Both are in pursuit, but only one can truly be happy at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment