Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Paradox of our journey to success..


I havent written a thought driven post in some time, so with some free time on my hands and alot of things running through my mind.. Why not today..

One thing that drives us to passionately pursue our desired goals is the vision of those who have succeeded before us. We see individuals who have deciphered the secret to success. They usually walk around in the lime ight and chanting about how terrible success is but if given the opportunity, they always say that they would never change a thing. They’re asked to tell their tale; the road that led them to the promised land and we’re almost always met with some rehearsed response about following your dreams and never giving up, “Because I didn’t, and look where I am now!” they would say.
But this paradox that I am talking about concerns the possibility of a life wasted, chasing after a dream. Out of those few at the top of the mountain, how many others have died on the way up, never even tasting the slightest bit of sweet success? And yet if we don’t seek our goals and dreams, we are most likely going to sit at the bottom of the mountain anyway.

Some would suggest that it is better to enjoy the basics of life and stop pining for more. I love this idea, but have never been able to feel settled with it. I’m a driven person, but I think it’s just human nature to dream big and journey ahead. This is much of what keeps us going as a species. Without that constant carrot dangling in our midst, we would surely have less passion to spice up our lives, and have a little more fun. It’s all a great paradox!


No comments:

Post a Comment