Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Go HARD or go HOME


When I was given my scholarship the dean failed to notify me that I would become a slave to the College of Business. I just learned recently, that in the fine print of the contract I signed when I accepted the scholarship. I am required to appear at banquets, recruiting events, and other random events as needed, and failure to do so, could result in me losing my scholarship.(they wouldnt do that though, im the best they have)
Usually I just end up talking about why I came to UIC(usually a lie to pump up the school). They want me to tell my experience but told me not to be "too honest"(then why am I here? im confused) Anywho, Im a pretty smart guy, but I still surprised by someof the things that come out of my mouth. It makes so much sense,and its so simple, but often times packs a big punch that carries alot of meaning. Like my latest statement today when I was tellign some high school students about some of the things I plan to do with my life within the next 5 years. This smart ass chaperon questioned my list of goals, he said.. "Thats alot of things to do. Very ambitious list. But is it all realistic?Do you think its appropriate to make these kids believe that you, them, or anyone else can "conquer the world" in such a short time?"
ME: I think its extremely approprate to send the message that they can do ANYTHING.I say go hard or go home. I'd rather swing for the fences and miss than bunt for an easy out.

He was a prick.. And I made him shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment