Monday, December 26, 2011

Creative Works

So my old laptop decided to start working again! Filled with memories.. I went through everything.. Pictures, videos, old high school papers.. everything.. But one folder that stood out to me the most was "Creative Works".. This was the folder where I put the things that I wrote while i was going through a creative moment. I had a few scenes of a screen play and 5 chapters of a book I was writing. I read over the two of them, laughed at the screenplay, it was suppossed to be a romantic comedy. And i was immediately drawn to the story of the book I was writing. But why didnt I finish?  


I realized that unfortunately I can only do that stuff when Im having a "creative moment". Other wise, i dont have it in me, I dont know what should happen next in the story.... I also remember that i initially stopped writing the book because I no longer had anyone to proofread it.. Yeah I know, anyone who can read, can proofread a book, but i didnt want anyone to do it. I needed someone who knew me and I knew them, and I had to be able to trust their criticism. I dont trust the opinions of too many people. So when find someone else, ill finish the book. I also have to figure out where I want the story to go. Which isnt that easy to do on command (for me).

 And I dont think I was seriously writing the screenplay anyway.. Im not sure if I every even told anyone that I was writing it. It was about this fun loving guy who was just young and enjoying life but died tragically in a bungee jumping accidnt. And in his will, he stated that he wanted to particular people to plan his memorial service. It was two of his best friends. The twist was that they dated years ago and had a tough break up, but would be reunited to plan the service.. And thats the story.

  I wasnt sure how I wanted to end it though... do i want a happy expected ending where they mak up and its all peachy keen, or do i want the woman to just say that she cant do it again, and halt him in his steps... Who knows? Honestly, scree plays are easier to write than books but they definitely demand more imagination... YOu have ot see every moment in your head before you get it on paper. Its rough, but fun..

 I havent been on this site in a while. And i honestly kind of miss it.. I have a few things to say tomorrow too, so look out for that. Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment