Tuesday, June 22, 2010

1 of 2: The Best of times..


Lol... even now, months later... when I look at this picture I cant help but smile a little bit. No matter how bad my day may be going, i could accidentally run past this picture looking for something else, and ill still... just smile. We had alot of good times! I must say. I can honestly say, i wont forget her. She isnt always on my mind, but every now and then, i still wonder what shes up to. I promised her mom that if her and I ever lost contact, and I'd still come up to her job and bring her some food every now and then. I definitely need to put that on my to do list for the summer.."Go see Bridgette's mom"..... Her mother reminded me so much of mine, and Bridgette reminded me so much of her mother... at first...
Yeah.. At first, then she just reminded me of someone i didn't want to associate myself with. I think she was sorry for what she did... I think we both were. I know she wanted to talk to me, she'd stand at our old mutual meeting place, id see her.. and just walk by without saying a word, but i could see her smile and her eyes following me from the corner of my eye...Best of times, there were the worst of times... Maybe they'll be more? I hear she's gay/bi/ or experimenting nowadays.. I knew she'd eventually come out. (inside joke)... lol. but even though i don't plan on communicating with her anymore, i wish her luck in her future endeavors. I promised her that i help get her into Spelman, but... i think she could do it on her own. And her public defense lawyer career..."Well i know youre not doing it for the money".. thats what id always say when she spoke about it... But yeah.. good luck with that. And after writing all this... I laugh... Because that was just the intro, i havent even gotten to the point yet.. The "Best of time".. but here it is..


I feel that the purest and most genuine time in a relationship, are the first...The first time you make eye contact,the first conversation, The first hug, the first time you screamed into the pillow that you loved me, when you didnt know i was in the room. lol, the first time you cried,the first time i comforted you, the first time i wiped your tears away, the first time i was in a car accident with you because you though it'd be ok to....(well im not going to put that out there, ill let everyone think the worst and use their imagination). The first time we watched your favorite movie and you covered your eyes on the sex scenes,lol. The first time you balled up in my front seat and told me about your dreams and fantasies. The first time i took you to one of my meetings, the first time i took you to church and you got interrogated by a couple of mentors, but held your own... The first time we went shopping together.The first time you fell inyo my arms on the ciuch while we watched the bad girls club, the first time your little brother stlked us while we were in your room, not even on anything. The first time you got really mad at me,and stayed mad at me for like 2 weeks, but still called me every night,silent... just to listen to me talk to you for hours,about nothing... The first time you cursed at me, the fist time you called your mother my in-law and it took me forever to catch on to who you were talking about. The first time you laid on my bed,looked at the collage,and thought you looked like Meagan Good( wrong!).. You actually look more like a Zoe Saldana..But... the first time we said goodbye... All these first, brings us to where we are today. And it all... still makes me smile.. These first are the best times Ive had with you.

I always say that Drake is my favorite music artist because i can relate to at least one line out of each of his songs, or there is always a line that makes me go "wow"...

"All and all I learned a lesson from it though,
you never see it coming,
you just get to see it GO!"
-Drake, "Fireworks"

Hmmm.. took the words right out of my mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment