Sunday, June 20, 2010

Troubles- Greg Burton aka Dre Valentine



Why the fuck is life so hard it nothing but confusing
Everytime you think you're winnin it turns out that you're losing
It's hard to move on when you are not even moving
I'm still in love with her and she knows this, she just hasn't noticed
Man, she was the closest to my heart
I swear i would love to have you again if there was a button to restart
We was it, we were magic and it was amazing how it had happened
You fell for me as soon as you found out that I can speak Spanish
Love alive is incredible but when it dies it's tragic
Words can't explain after it all how my heart was in damage
I think I caught some feelings I didn't even plan on catching
Hearts break and i was on a collision course, I didn't plan on crashing
And Drew and Pierre told me the shid wouldn't last
I knew they were right but I just played it off with a laugh
They say the truth hurts, especially the aftermath
How can you go forward with when your life was is the past.

It's crazy, many people ain't in the position Im in
Who else can say that they met Kanye West when they were 10
Or that he's cool with my family and my cousins best friend
I'm trying to put GQ on cause I know we the best men
Gentlemen Quailty, don't act like you don't know
I told Daniel it's time for me and the studio
To get better acquainted,I know that imma make it
Don't lose first place position, because I'm going to take it
It's funny how life can change especially in a week or two
I found out a girl I used to mess with talks to one of my dudes
Or maybe not, I guess that facebook got me confused
Either way I ain't mad from time to time I do think about you
And yesterday she messaged said she had a dream I hated her
Even tho its not true I didn't know what to say to her
Because lately, I can hardly express how I feel
And I keep getting hit by questions about how I'm real
I know that mothers trip but mines is falling off
It's like she don't love me now because never even talk
And I hate when people tell me maybe she's going through some things
Ain't shid she can go through with no concern for me
And my brother too, I hate that he's the young one
Because he finally gets his chance to grow up
Its gonna be hard now He's got a family to hold up
I'm just trying to be there as he gets older
S Dot said it's funny how women complain about all of these niggas
But how quickly they will chnage for one of these niggas
And how you tell all of these girls that you not the same
But what good will that do because they all just playing games like you an ordinary nigga
Please don't confuse me with them, remember that I said it
Cause Im all about my green just like a Boston Celtic
Nobody likes a show off but I can't help it
It's hard not to when you know everything you do is perfected
Why do I write these songs I always ask myself that question
About all of the things that I know and all of the women I mess with
I'm not scared that they'll find out I ain't got nothing to hide
Maybe I need to start keeping all of my feelings aside
Maybe I need to see I psychologist to talk to about my life
Essence found a gray hair in my hair so something just ain't right
I thought about this today I swear it feels kind of odd
How I go to church every Sunday but never talked to god
I hate to tell the truth, but people around me lying
I hope it ain't just me, but I'm scared to death of dying
I wish I could put everything I feel in a song
So you can feel how real I am in this song
And I thought that one friends passed away but I was wrong
But it just showed me how life and the people need to be cherished
This girl said she'll love me forever Ive heard that so many times
But I guess this time she means it, when will I get it right
She a diamond and she knows this, or she should
I'm just trying to live right and do everything that's good
It always feels like Noelle is the women that understands me
I know I can tell her everything I choose not to because I know her
And every time I think of her, I miss her, but she's just like me
Looking for the one but not for certain and I tell her that it's me
But she older 21 to be exact and man
I swear one I thought she died I haven't felt the same again
So if you reading this, just know that I care for you
I think you be on games with me, but,guess that's the cost to be with you
And my cousin told one day don't let the fame change me
Just let the money come in and always stay the same me
I'm the same, but so many I know that I barely talk to at all
Always tells me that I've changed
I'm trying to see if there's something I'm missing
I always thought it was just me being different
I never was a person to hear suggestions and listen
I'm not trying to fit in, I swear that I don't get it
Theres alot of girls that I'm attracted to and they feel it too
I'm sure that they see I'm not like any other dude
I'm not looking for love and rarely do I fall in it
I got alot of money I just hope I don't spend all of it
It's just me, Domo, S Dot, and Mike like the four brothers but
Sometimes I feel like there's no others like us
And Nobody understands each other like us
We don't love these girls and never do we trust
Yeah, nothing is really a surprise to me
And man, I don't know where my mind is I'm not even trying to find it
I'm just thinking about making it big and make of my ex's mad
Know need to say it, I was the best you ever had
My dad told me this year that he needs me to be successful
Give me some liquor so I can wash away all that's regretful
I just need some closure
I started so imma finish, I'm in it till it's over



No comments:

Post a Comment