Saturday, October 16, 2010

"It humbles me"


So earlier this week, i was driving, the sun was setting, and i was doing some thinking. But i wanted company today. So i called up my friend and told her to come downstairs. Luckily she goes with the flow most times and didnt even as where we were going... Until we start driving on lake shore drive,lol. I told her that we were going to the place where my friends and I spent alot of our time....


We went to the lake! The nice, quiet, secluded part of it. 35th. After the skaters leave, its usually, pretty calm over there. So we go, we sit down and start talking and joking around. Then before you know it ,the sun sets, and the skyline is lit... for a moment theres silence.. Just us staring at the scenery. Then i get up and go down closer to the water, but i keep looking.. She ask me whats wrong....I tell her "nothing, this sight just humbles me." Humbles you from what? "Like, if i make a big profit on a trade i did,or if I meet someone that will be crucial resource in my future plans, afterwards I feel like Im on top of the world, the skies the limit... But then I come out here, look out at the skyline, and it shoots me down, off my high horse, I realize that i have work to do, and I haven't hit the pinnacles I plan to reach yet"... then after I was done talking.. She looks at me,smiles and says "you're so weird".. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment