Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Me.... A lawyer?.....No Thanks


Growing up.. before i discovered my passion for finance.. i wanted to be a lawyer... I liked the adrenaline rush.. but back then, i dont think i rally had it in me to stand in front of a courtroom and do... anything... When i got to high school.. i was told a couple times that i should look into it... First, by Ms. Hey, who was the academic center coordinator... She said that i should pursue business or law.. by that time, i already knew that business was for me... Then sophomore year, my History teacher told me that i would make a good lawyer after i convinced him to change my grade due to some story I made up... He never changes anyones grade.. but i got him to change mine... I thought i had heard the last of it until i got to college...After reading my second English paper, my professor sent me an email today and asked if i was sure I wanted to go into finance... I replied, "yes im positive".. He said that my writing was exceptional, even though he knows that i "bullshitted" half of it. He said that even though my content was complete bull, I had the ability to make the reader feel however I want them to feel, just by the way I word my sentences. He said that he could imagine me in a courtroom talking to a talking to a jury... and having a very successful career as a lawyer. He told me to watch "a time to kill".. he said "Matthew McConaughey, thats you David, think about it.. And if you dont get your J.D, Write a book, make sure I get a copy"....

Ive seen the movie already. McConaughey was good... And sorry Prof. Bennett, i did consider being a lawyer.. years ago.. Maybe ill still go get a law degree... when im bored and rich, lol.. Until then... No thanks...And for the book... im going to start back writing it.. Ive been wanting to...Just.. Missing something...And O hey.. thanks for that A.And i must thank Ms. Banks, for scaring me into becoming a better writer...And Drake...A part of my writing ritual is putting on Drake.. Let the music fill my room.. and flow through my ears... then.... Amazing things run through my brain.. and into my fingers... I swear... when the music isnt playing... My writing is boring... its dull.. I cant do it.. Its like... My brain is blank...

No comments:

Post a Comment