Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Nice Guy.. Will he always finish last?


So today i decided not to attend school, a "senior field trip" just didnt appeal to me. Instead I took a drive up to Starbucks.. Ordered my self a Venti extra hot extra shot Caramel Macchiato, sat down with my wall street journal, and my iphone, and kicked my foot up on my heel. Shortly after i sat down and began reading, a very familiar girl walked in the door....

She walked in, looked at me, smiled, and continued walking to the counter. After receiving her Frappuccino she walked over to me and said hello. At that time i noticed remembered her from the business plan competition i had judged this past weekend. After we got into a conversation, her father walks over and introduces himself, i tell him who i am, and why im talking to his daughter... After questioning me about multiple subjects, next thing you know, the three of us are sitting down in a deep conversation.

Somehow we get into the conversation of smoking and drinking, i tell him that I dont do either. He runs some kind of drug and alcohol clinic so he is well aware of the Smoking and drinking rate among teenagers. He then says, "Really?, i rarely hear that from a guy your age, You must be one of the good guys". He then asked me if there was a reason why I didnt smoke or drink? Have I ever tried it? Do I plan to? Honestly I have put alot into these questions in the past. I actually sat down and thought about it. Why dont I smoke or drink? Maybe I should at least try it once?

Ive come to the conclusion that the reason that I dont smoke or drink is becasue of my mother's early teachings. As a child, my mother would go to work everyday, then come home and she would play school with my sister and I, and sometimes our friends. Yeah,I had spent all day at school, now i got to do it again when I got home, we did this for years starting when i was in maybe preschool. One day I remebered that we were about to play "school", and my mother came into the room with a big white poster board, and a few bottles. On the board was a bag of oregano(marijuana), Baking soda(cocaine), a crystal rock out teh front yard(crack), and a needle with a rubber band,(Heroin). During this class, she pointed out each of the bags, and told us what they were suppossed to be, what it is used for,and educated us on the side effects. That day I said to myself "im not going to do this".. Yeah I was like 5 telling myself that I wouldnt do drugs or get involved with alcohol. I honestly think that this s why i dont do any of that stuff now, thanks to my mother and her "school", she taught Dana and I early on not to do these things. Ill admit, in the past, i ve said "yeah, sure ill try it", but Something always pulls me back. And nowadays there isnt a urge in body for any of it. People always say "o you hang out with them, I know you smoke".. No sorry, i am not my friends.

After telling him this story, as impressed as he was by it all, he went from trying to make sure I didnt sneal a peak at his daughter, to kind of pushing me up on her. He said "You really are a good guy huh? You must have a girlfriend?".. No i dont have a girlfried, actually I just got out of a year long realtionship. Really, what happened, ou seem like such a catch, youre handsome, smart, tall, slim, well dressed, you live above the influence, and peer pressure, what went wrong? I noticed his daughter kind of lean in to make sure she heard what would come out of me next...

I replied and said, well we just grew together, and eventually realized that we were best as friends. "Well whats not to like about you"... I laughed humbly, but then i had to pop his bubble and let him know that I wasnt perfect. I told him that Actually, I was sometimes a asshole, very sarcastic, nonchalant, Im not a perfectionist but I tend to seek perfection heavily, Im sort of arrogant, and I spoil myself with satisfaction. I want what I want, and I rarely back down or compromise. "So youre a man?" Then for the first time i refered to myself as "a man in training". Im growing up, and id liek to thank Jade for that. Jade has done so much for me over the past 5 years..Like.. I cant even describe, shes really done more than she could ever understand. Jade is still making me the best man I can be. The best boyfriend, the best husband. She really has taught me so much, what girls like, what they dont like, sometimes she'll tell me what they are really thinking.. about sex.. Everything.. She would fill my head with so much random information but then I still thank her for it because eventually ive probably reffered to it again for something else. Sometimes i was able to stay in a conversaton thanks to some random info she has given me. She was my first real love, and I promised her that I would love her forever(I dont break promises)...I always think about all the things that I miss about our overall relationship.. The laughs, the jokes, the talks, the stares,the secret glances at each other from across the room, the sex, the endless text message converstations where one of us woul dfall asleep but as soon as we woke up, the conversation would continue... We would do it for days. lol. I really just ventured off really hard from the original topic. But back to the guy, After I told him about my personality, and we got into the "man" conversation. He asked about Prom.. Yeah Ive been asked that question everyday for a week now, the dreaded P word. I told him that I didnt know. And i told him that my mother had her opinion on who that person should be. of course he insisted that I take his daughter, and luckily i dodged that answer, I mean, she was quite attractive, but still, come on dude,lol.

Then he asked about my mothers choice. I told him about her, showed him a picture,he thought she was cute much like I do. But then I told him about the fact that I was super cheap, despite my successes, im not a fan of spending money anymore. And If I went with this girl, id end up having to pay for most of her stuff, im not really interested. Then I was telling him about her boyfriend, and how he probably wouldnt want her going to prom with me anyway. I then mentioned his local urban affiliations, and he couldnt believe that a girl like her was with a guy like him. I agreed, a question that many ask. I guess as soft spoken, and somewhat conservtive as she is, she likes the bad boy. Most girls do, they feel that nice guys are "too nice, boring". And for some reason,they like guys that treat them like crap?. Finally, Sirrah jumped in and said that "she perfers a nice boring guy, becasue most guys like that are actually really fun and entertaining once they get out of their shell". I agreed, I told them that i really dont like ghetto girls, too much drama, and even girls that like bad boys, means that drama is near. (if it isnt already there)...Unfortunately, Nice guys finish last, they either end up alone, or they end up with a girl that doesnt deserve him.... But will he always finish last?





No comments:

Post a Comment