Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ive been honest.....Lets be real...Part 1


Ive been poor.. Ive been Comfortable..Ive been broke... And ive been financially comfortable all over again. People always say that money cant buy happiness. But ive always been happier when there were money in my accounts....I think im about to talk about a subject that i never discuss....Money..Mine..

I mean, i grew up in a normal middle class family. I went to private school> My parents drove nice middle class cars. And i lived in a nice middle class home in Chatham. But after the divorce... that all changed... good bye to my house, good bye to the nice cars, goodbye to my happy neighborhood. Hello to public schools, average cars, old apartment. The works...

That was my life.. for a few years.. Then somehow... I had a flash of genius..I got into the entrepreneurial spirit. A babysitting company was born... All of a sudden.. I had money all on my own. I didnt even know what to do with it. But to take it to school, and buy all my friends candy, or ice cream... then A year in, I had 10 girls working for me, and the company got a name. "Little Miracle Child Care Agency".. By the time the company fell, I had... ALOT of money, and alot of knowledge on a lot of things.

I was....Comforable... very comfortable.. I was going to buy a car and hire a professional driver. One of those times when i had the urge to spend alot money on stuff i didnt need. Luckily, I didnt....

But i did start buying stocks. I took my mothers 100 dollars. And added my own 400 to it, and opened a securities account. I figured that trading stocks was how you became a millionaire.. Back then that was all i cared about. Making lots of money. My primary goal. Unfortunately.. I wasnt very good at trading stocks at first. I would put in 500 bucks... then id lose 500 bucks.. Id lose 1000 bucks.. then id probably lose 2k.. I got use to losing money, but i had to learn how to do it somehow.

Eventually i got the hang of it though. I was doing it. I was doing it well. I had put my whole life savings into my securites accounts. And it was growing.

Sophmore year of high school, I sold 15k worth of stocks. And start buying clothes. and shoes.. and anything else I wanted. I said that I was doing it for myself. But i really did because i wanted to be fly like my big bro, lol. I wanted the nice clothes, and the clean Jordans...

15k gone... In about a year and a half.. on stuff i dont even where anymore.. some stuff ive never worn more than once. Some stuff ive never worn.. A big waste of money. But hey... That was one of the times i had the urge to spend large sums of money... and I actually did it... lol.

I had spent 15k, and the markets were dipping. I didnt know what to do. But while everyone was in a panic,, losing all their saving, i figured out a way to make mine grow like never before... I used common sense and figured that if I shorted the market, there was no real science to it... All of a sudden I was back.. I was winning.. and I was comfortable... Never looked back. Im really good at it. Ive done it for other people. I decided that its what i want to do for a living.

I mean, dont get me wrong.. even though there have been days where ive made 70k in a day, there are also days when ive lost 90k in a week. So yeah im pretty comfy, if i wanted i could sell a few shares of stocks, and go buy a new mercedes in cash.. But i dont... I just tell myself that i have no money. Its the mindset that i keep, and it works for me.

I mean dont get me wrong,there are times when i look into my wallet and see dust. Or l log onto my bank account and i see 29 cent. Just becasue i have 6 figures worth of stocks doens mean that i have 6 figures in my account. Stocks are really just.. numbers.. until their sold... I mean nowadays i like to keep at least a thousand in my account but thats nowadays... Then the divident checks come rolling in, and I have a couple hundred to spend.. maybe buy a pair of shoes, or something. But.. I try to never let my account get lower than a thousand.. I start to feel broke again...

But i dont care what anyone says.. Im always happier when there is money in my liquid accounts...

No comments:

Post a Comment