Monday, September 13, 2010

Youre one of the good guys


"Youre one of the good guys".. Something I hear often nowadays. They have one conversation with me and then say "youre such a good guy".. No im not faking, this is really me.. But you sure dont want to know the guy i use to be. And what it took for me to get to where I am today. So heres the story on that...
Well back int he day, i was lets say... a dog. A low down dog at that. Which caused me to hurt the only girl i ever loved.

So one day i woke up, and said "im going to stop all this madness, and im going to be the guy that she deserves".. So that lasted a week. The she went into this box.and the week after that. we ended uo breaking up.The fact of the matter was, i changed too late. I dont think she ever got to witness this new me. It seemed like ever since we broke up, instead of me being the new me, i was just tryign to cover up all the stuff i did while we were together.

Its crazy, how a person can go from being a liar, someone who "told them what they wanted to hear", to... Living it.. and standing behind my word. I try not to lie anymore. Although i had to lie to cover up the lies that i told her previously. even though I did lie alot it was some things that i couldnt fake. I could fake the enjoyment, i could fake the pleasure. But i couldn't fake the fact that i loved her.

She never got to experience the new me. From january 2010 to the day I die. But thats ok. Everyone else has. They love it. And im proud of who I am today.

"you dont smoke, you dont drink, you try not to lie, damn who are you!"
-The "who are you" girl that i mentioned in a earlier post.

She then followed up by saying, "any smart girl would be lucky as hell to get you", I cant say that I dont agree with you. How about that date you keep talking about. Tomorrow? My place?

Let me go ahead and text you now, because I know youre probably not going to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment